How does the book club work?
So, my aim for the book club is just to create a little community where we can discuss a book together every month / 6 weeks (depending on what works best). As we’re in quarantine and bored shitless, I’m sure we’re all in need of a bit of motivation to do something productive with the time we have.
Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Every month(ish) there will be a new theme. For example, our first theme was Dystopia.
- Through a blog post, I’ll provide a list of 4 books to choose from with brief descriptions of each book to help you decide.
- I will do a poll on my Twitter page in order to get a clear idea of which book people would like to read the most (for those of you that don’t have Twitter, do not fret: just drop me a message or e-mail letting me know what you’ve chosen).
- I’ll update everyone on which book has been chosen.
- Read the book.
- Discuss! We can do this through Zoom until human contact is allowed again, or if people would prefer, I’m creating a WhatsApp chat so we can always have a chat on there.
- That’s it!
If you’d like to be added to the WhatsApp group chat, drop me a message and I’ll chuck you in.
Alternatively, send me an e-mail using the form below.
Any questions, please let me know!
The Book Club is back for 2021 and we’re beginning this year’s reading journey in February, which is LGBT+ History Month. To celebrate, we’ve got a slightly bigger selection of beautiful works by some of the greatest authors of the last century, from groundbreaking classics to informative new fiction. As always, I’ll put a pollContinue reading “The Book Club 2021”
Cosy, snuggly, hygge (pronounced hoo-gah, or so google tells me – think candles, IKEA showrooms and aesthetic knitwear found on Pinterest). Whatever you want to call it, I love this aesthetic and it’s certainly the mood we need for this January. For the purposes of this blog, it’s a literary genre too. How satisfying isContinue reading “Winter Books”
I have never in my life been so ready for NYE. That’s not because I’m going to a fun house party wearing a sparkly outfit and drinking gin with my friends (looks like Tier 4 Me will be doing the exact opposite), but because it means we can finally kiss goodbye to what is objectivelyContinue reading “2020 Round Up”